Gluten Free Chocolate & Peanut Cookies
These are great. Really great. Not even just gluten free (and paleo!) great but serve them up for anyone and everyone great.
This recipe is adapted from one of my favourite bloggers (Organic Olivia) of whom is always educating me on important topics such as natural healing and alternative medicine. I made these cookies to go with some banana ice cream (frozen bananas + peanut butter, blend and serve) and enjoyed them so much I thought I'd share. They're easy, they're tasty and most importantly, they are cookies.
You will need;
- 3 Tablespoons of Organic Almond Butter (stir it up so it's thick, you don't want an oily consistency)
- 3 Tablespoons Crunchy Organic Peanut Butter
- 4 Tablespoons of Coconut Sugar (I use organic coconut palm sugar by Biona)
- 2 Tablespoons of Dark Chocolate Cocoa Powder (I use Green & Blacks)
- 1 Egg
- 1 Teaspoon of Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- (Optional) Dark/Vegan Chocolate or Chocolate Chips
Preheat your oven to 180c. Mix your almond butter, peanut butter and coconut sugar together. Next add the egg and mix thoroughly until a dough consistency forms. Once a dough has formed, add the vanilla extract, baking powder and cocoa powder and combine. If you want, add your bits of chocolate/chocolate chips and fold them into the dough. Roll small balls from the dough and place them on some baking parchment. Flatten them slightly if you want a traditional cookie shape otherwise leave them in balls for a thicker middle. Cook for 10 minutes, remove, wait to cool and enjoy!